There are two types of Solaris
(non-planetary) games in the Mechreg. First, all players are considered
gladiators, and may build a mech using money earned in battle to compete in
SolarisVII. Solaris VII combat is One on One combat that is recorded for
competition to see who is the best at single combat on
the Registry. A Solaris VII match can take
place any time between two ppl in the Solaris tournament for that quarter.
Both players must be registered members of the Registry. Fights can take place
anywhere but usually take place on the ZONE
. Once an opponent accepts, then you may fight.
Please make sure
you have their REGISTRY User name before combat.. If you do not, the score cannot be reported. Scores are
stored in the DB, and a winner is determined at the end of the quarter. TheMatch is a single fight untill 1 Pilot has 5
kills ( more if all players agree).
The second type of non-planetary combat is a general category called Solaris. Solaris combat can be between up to 10 players. Team and Free For All battles are available.
Dualaris will be the same as Solaris except it is 2v2. The battles go until one TEAM has 10 kills(more if all players agree) . The game should be set for team play.
Trilaris will be the same as Solaris except it is 3v3. The battles go until one TEAM has 20 kills(more if all players agree) . The game should be set for team play.
Quadaris will be the same as Solaris except it is 4v4. The battles go until one TEAM has 30 kills(more if all players agree) . The game should be set for team play.
Pentaris will be the same as Solaris except it is 5v5. The battles go until one TEAM has 40 kills(more if all players agree) . The game should be set for team play.
Battles will be conducted like this.. There is one battle, and the first with 5 kills on either side is the winner of the battle. The RPI Ranking System will be used to figure the value of the battle. Lets call the RPI Ranking "Honor" for simplicity.
Once war is accepted YOU MUST
fight that war!
Battles can be on any terrain, condition ,Mech CUSTOMIZATION level, or tonnage. ALL VARIABLES EXCEPT NUMBER OF KILLS are negotiable between the players. The Default is C4, any tonnage.
RPI is composed of 2 basic elements. First, RPI Schedule Strength (Honor) is the average drop Strength Modifaction of your drops for the quarter. Second, is your percentage of victories. Until you have played 6 drops in a quarter, your RPI victory percentage is not calculated and only RPI Strength is shown.
Each Registry player has a Schedule Strength rating for both planetary and solaris combat. This Strength ranking reflects the type of opponents the player has fought and how well the player did against these opponents. The RPI system uses this strength rating as 70% of the RPI for the player. The remaining 30% is based on the Percentage of victories the player has accumulated. The Top 25 RPI Ranked players should be respected, feared and looked up to.
Player Schedule Strength is somewhat complicated. It basically shows how strong your opponents have been and how you did against them. The maximum Strength is about 60. This would mean you have played and defeated the strongest players in the league while they had the advantages. IF anyone gets a Strength rank close to 45, you should be very impressed. If you have a good strength rank and lose, it will fall only slightly. The Strength score from each drop is completely separate from whether you win or lose. Don't be afraid to play. Each time you drop to a battle, the automation calculates your Strength Modification for that drop. The Automation then averages in this value to your accumulated Schedule Strength.
When adjusting the Schedule Strength rating after a battle, several factors may increase or decrease your rating. These factors are shown below :
Higher or lower honor (Schedule
Strength) points are partially determined by the tonnage of your mech. If you
both use the same size Mech then it is considered an even battle. If you choose
a Mech of smaller size than your opponent you will gain extra honor if you
*Note- We have added automatic ranking of non group players. This rewards good players, and balances RELATIVE RANK when schedule strength is being modified after a fight.
The ratings will be updated on
the Standings Page as information is aquired. So check them often. The "Top 5"
players on the Standing will recieve rewards at the end of the term, and the Top
15 mechwarriors on the list will be added to the "Solaris Hall of Fame
Rewards are awarded on 1/1, 4/1, 7/1, and 10/1.